Bachrus Speedometer & JMRI tip

Trains

As I mentioned in a previous post I had picked up a Digitrax PR3 and Bachrus Speedometer (http://bachrus.com/speedometer.php) for some speedmatching and I got the version thats hooks up to a PC and DecoderPro. I downloaded the latest version of JMRI, or so I thought, and found it odd that it didn’t match what the JMRI notes for it look like (http://jmri.org/help/en/html/hardware/bachrus/index.shtml). It turns out that I had downloaded the latest stable version (2.10) but the latest development version (2.11.4) has numerous improvements specifically for the Speedometer.

Mean while I got speed tables built for my DM&IR 210 and 413 but somehow they are way off in terms of scale. By that I mean if I modify the forward and reverse trims on each I can get them lined up so I’ll have to figure out what happened there.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s