EMDX 9003: Frame Modification


The decoder I got online arrived today and I wired it up to make sure it’s working and all that. The ditchlight project as well as the sound project are coming projects (have to find and buy parts yet) so I went to put it back together in the mean time so it was runnable until the next step and bam the shell won’t go on.

As you can see in the above image the DH165Lo is a bit shorter than the others and it turns out that’s because the frame takes up too much space. So now I have it apart and am in the process of removing part of the frame which is very tedius work.

On the plus side the lighting effects of the ditch lights is pretty cool. I hope the fiber optics plan works out, it will make a really neat effect.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s