Well there’s your problem…

Trains

I had mentioned that at my last operation session I started having problems with my two Missabe locomotives going over unpowered frogs. Well I took some time to troubleshoot them this afternoon and quickly found the problem on my Kato SD38-2 (DM&IR 210): (Click for bigger picture)

As you can see there is very little holding the power wires from one of the trucks to decoder. My theory is that the connection was loose enough that added heat and motion knocked them completely loose. I’ve rectified the situation with a bit of solder:

I’m still troubleshooting DM&IR 413 (Athearn SD45T-2), there is nothing as obvious as a source of problem there so that will have to be a work in progress

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s