Ballast Test

Trains

As I mentioned in my earlier post today I picked up some ballast. It was bought for CR23 since I’m planning on getting that basic scenery complete for a December show. Since I have some finishing work on the track and sanding of the road to do yet I decided to do a test attempt on ballast on siding on Murphy’s.

It hasn’t fully dried yet but it’s looking good so far. I also dug out a bump stop and did some track rusting on the very end for effect. Since this was the end of the siding I thought it’d likely that there were some weeds poking through.

Of course after I look at the pictures I notice the pieces of ballast stuck to the rail 🙂

Since this was just a test run I didn’t do much, just enough to try a technique.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s