Train Room Construction

Trains

It’s been a while since I’ve updated my blog, in part because there hasn’t been much going on. After moving my train room was an unfinished area of the basement that was also storage. The plan was always to split it in two rooms, a spare bedroom and train room (or as my wife tells people “office”). In January we started planning and cleaning the room and earlier this month we started construction.

Most of the heavy construction is done, I just need to do some more minor work in the walls before I put up the sheet rock. In the mean time after sweeping up a lot of saw dust and debris I got my modules back out of storage but not yet setup. I’m taking the opportunity to do some framing repairs and additional wiring. The leg pockets on Murphy’s Cement were not holding up as well as I’d like so I firmed them up. I’m also trying to get the wiring done so the module can be available at the Randolph show if space permits.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s