This weekend I started tearing up the track on my modules started prepping it for the new setup. I am re-using most of the rail and the mainline roadbed but I still need to pry off the non-mainline roadbed and put down new roadbed. I wanted to round off the day with something productive so I started the first bit of hand-laid track on the main line.
My youngest son Jacob was kind enough to provide a tractor to help out.
I also have been backing off the usage of the spikes a little bit per a comment by Hunger Hughson (Ontario in HO Scale) by doing every fifth tie after the module end. I’ve also got a PCB tie at the very end to hopefully hold things tight.