Right now I’m in the middle of “snowmaggedon” (ice, a lot of snow, and blizzard conditions) so to stave off a little cabin fever I worked on some coupler conversions. I’ve been reorganizing my home office/train room and found some cement hoppers in what I thought was a repair drawer but I can’t find anything wrong with them and can’t remember what was broken so maybe they’ve been sitting in the drawer a couple years for no reason.
I ended up running out of couplers, and it’s still snowing, so I there was nothing for it but to make some more.
I ended up making 32 more, 30 standard ones and 2 narrow shank ones. The narrow shank ones belong to cars that have been half converted, that is a Sergent on one end and Kadee on the other. I’m also planning on finishing some scratch building projects I started a while ago and doing Accurail scale coupler boxes and narrow shank couplers.