Weekend Update 21

Trains, Weekend Update

I haven’t had a whole lot of time for modeling as of late but I’ve tried to make the best of what I’ve got. I installed another turnout and switch machine, I also have been doing a test of the chipping fluid on my plow test I mentioned in my previous post. The problem is I’m also testing a yellow color and it takes a few layers to cover steel and rust.

A bigger update would be my wire trees.

dsc_0004

I’ve been brushing latex rubber on them as time allows and managed to get one ready for paint. I figured I’d just wing it on the paint so I grabbed the burnt umber that came with my Rust and Steel set (yes I found it amusing that a paint I bought for doing metal I’m using to paint a tree).

20161029_185842

My plan is to pull out my other browns and greys once it dries and dry brush it until it looks good and then it’ll be ready for planting since this will be a winter tree

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Weekend Update 21

    1. Thanks, I’ll give that a try. I used 26 gauge floral wire but I didn’t find out until I got it that it had this paper covering that is very difficult to get off (so I didn’t bother) but twisting the wire a lot will cause it to start coming lose at the ends and made it little thicker than just wire

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s